Terms of Booking – The Old Tractor Shed
We do hope you enjoy your stay in The Old Tractor Shed at Hall Farm Dadlington and keep coming back to stay.
Please read the following, if there is something you then need to discuss please do so, and we will do our absolute best to be flexible.
The client agrees that:
Full payment becomes payable at time of reservation for the full period booked. In the event of a cancellation up to 14 days before arrival, a full refund will be given. In the event of a cancellation within 14-7 days of arrival, a 50% refund will be given. In the event of a cancellation within 7 days of arrival, all monies will be forfeited.
In line with the new GDPR regulations any sensitive information is kept for 1 week after your stay with us and then details are destroyed. We never pass on information to third parties. We do not store card details on our own systems.
Reservations commence 3pm on the day of arrival, terminating 10.30am on the final day.
No person in excess of the number agreed at the time of reservation may occupy the property. Breach of this rule will terminate the contract without recompense to the client.
The property will be left in a tidy condition, and if there are breakages, or damage is caused, we will be told and recompense will be made prior to departure. Payment will be taken, via our payment gateway, from the card details provided.
We reserve the right to terminate the visit of any person whose conduct is detrimental to the comfort of others, without recompense. Please respect the local community and keep noise to a minimum after 11.00pm.
Children under 12 years are not permitted on the property.
No pets are allowed to be brought on to the property.
We reserve the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out repairs or maintenance.
In the unlikely event that we have to cancel the reservation due to circumstances beyond our control, we will provide a full refund of monies paid. No further financial claims will be considered.
No liability shall be accepted by us for loss, damage or theft of personal property belonging to guests, either in the property or in/to cars, bicycles or other vehicles left on the property. Nor shall liability be accepted by us for accident or injury to guests, either within the property or outside.
Please do inform us as soon as possible if you have a complaint with your accommodation or if you find that anything is faulty within the accommodation that needs our attention, so that we can assist and repair. Due to the limited period of hire, it may not be possible to repair such items during the period of hire. If any item cannot be repaired, and renders the accommodation unusable, a full refund will be given for any remaining days.
We do provide free Wi-Fi, however we cannot guarantee a consistent service, please read the terms below if you intend ‘logging on’.
Any left property will be held and can be returned at your cost.
For stays in excess of a week we will provide a change of linen and towels. We will agree the timing with you. If you require a more regular change just let us know.
It is sometimes possible to arrange to have cottages cleaned during a stay. Please discuss if this is something you would like.
Please ensure that you have arranged your own travel & cancellation insurance, as we do not provide this.
Please be aware, the property is situated on a farm and on the top of a steep grass bank. We are a working farm and adults requiring care MUST be accompanied/supervised at all times.
We really hope you enjoy a relaxing stay with us, but it’s worth noting that the countryside comes with all the noises and creepy crawlies you might expect. Spiders, flies, hunting kestrels, squeaking mice, calling foxes, barking dogs, neighing horses, crowing cockerels, tractors, rabbits, frogs, toads, bats, etc are all part of country life – if you experience issues then please let us know and we will do our best to help within reason.
I confirm that by booking accommodation at The Old Tractor Shed at Hall Farm Dadlington, I accept these terms and conditions.
Thank you for booking your stay with us in The Old Tractor Shed
Terms & Conditions – Bike Hire
These Terms and Conditions form part of the Agreement made between Hall Farm Dadlington and the hirer.
It is hereby agreed as follows:
Hall Farm Dadlington rent bikes booked in advance, from their premises in Hall Farm, 1 Main Street, Dadlington CV13 6HX
Booking Hire Bikes
All hire bikes must be pre-booked and paid for online via www.hallfarmdadlington.co.uk. Each hire bike is individually listed on the website and multiple different bikes can be reserved on the same booking form.
Payment for the full period of bike hire must be made with the online booking. A receipt is emailed immediately the booking is made. A confirmation email with further details of location and collection times will be forwarded within 24 hours.
On collection of the bikes/equipment, a credit card deposit is required which will be refunded in full on the safe, undamaged return of the hire bikes/equipment. Alternatively a passport, driving licence or your car left on our premises (free parking) can be used as security against the safe return of the hire bikes/equipment.
Last minute: Clients wishing to hire bikes on the day must still book online prior to collection to ensure availability of the bike(s).
Cancellation of a Bike Hire Reservation
Priority is given to guests staying at Hall Farm Dadlington. It is advisable to call us to check availability before booking online as dates may be subject to guest reservation.
Refunds will be given for any bike hire or tour cancellation made at least 5 days prior to the booking date.
Changes to a Bike Hire Reservation
Dates can only be changed if the bikes to be re-booked are available and are the same as on the original booking. Please contact Kate on 07791 597027 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange as changes cannot be made via the website.
Refunds will not be made for bookings unable to be utilised due to pandemic lockdown restrictions. Bookings can be rescheduled for when restrictions are lifted and are to be made within a rollover period of twelve months. Please contact Kate on 07791 597027 or email@example.com to re-arrange, as changes cannot be made via the website.
Unless previously agreed with Hall Farm Dadlington, all bikes/equipment must be returned by 17.00 in summer (BST) and 16.30 in winter (BWT). Extended hire outside these hours must be arranged by calling Kate on 07791 597027 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and agreed prior to booking.
A charge for unagreed late return of bikes of £20.00 per hour will be made.
Full or partial refunds will not be given for the early return of hire bikes under any circumstances including adverse weather conditions.
Delivery and collection of hire bikes is free of charge within a three mile radius of Hall Farm Dadlington. Delivery and collection to other locations can be arranged for a supplementary charge dependent on the mileage involved. This service is not available to be booked online and is subject to driver availability. Please contact Kate in advance on 07791 597027 or email@example.com
Rental Bikes and Equipment
By accepting the bike(s)/ equipment the hirer accepts that they are in good technical, safe and clean condition and must be returned in the same condition. Bikes and equipment hired remain the property of Hall Farm Dadlington. The hirer is obliged to take good care of the bike/equipment hired and take all precautions necessary to protect the bike/equipment from damage or theft. All the bikes are regularly maintained and inspected prior to each hiring as the safety of the client is paramount. It is the hirer’s responsibility to double check the bike and report any damage prior to setting off. On return a representative of Hall Farm Dadlington will examine the bikes/equipment and if there is no damage or loss will confirm the cancellation of any credit card deposit taken. If for any reason a full inspection cannot be undertaken on their return, Hall Farm Dadlington reserves the right to inform clients within seven days of the return of any damage found and invoice the hirer accordingly. Inner tubes supplied with the hire bikes will be charged at the recommended retail price if used or missing.
Should any damage be sustained to the bike or components during the hire period, the hirer is responsible for the full replacement cost at current market price of the whole or part of the bike so damaged. The hirer is responsible for the full replacement cost of the bike/equipment if it is lost or stolen during the hire period. It is recommended that the hire bike is kept in sight at all times. If you wish to transport the hire bikes to another location, this can only be done in a van, estate car or via a correctly rated mounted bike rack. If the wheels are removed, this is entirely at the hirer’s risk. Should any damage to the bike occur such as scratches to the frame and decals or any other damage, the hirer will be responsible for repairs as quoted by Hall Farm Dadlington.
Children under 18 years must be accompanied by a riding adult at all times.
Road and hybrid bikes must not be used on mountain bike trails.
Mountain bikes returned in an extremely muddy condition will incur an additional cleaning charge of £10.00 per bike. This charge is at the discretion of Hall Farm Dadlington. Bike cleaning facilities are available on site should clients choose to clean the bikes themselves thereby restoring the bikes to the condition in which they were hired.
Collection of Bikes/Equipment
Hire bikes are to be collected and returned to Hall Farm Dadlington during hours of business: 0830 – 1700 in summer (BST) and 0900 – 16.30 in winter (BWT). You will be allocated a time to collect the bike(s) in the confirmation email you receive upon booking. This time will allow sufficient space between individual clients.
A fee of £20 per hour will be charged for any late return. Full or partial refunds of bike hire will not be given under any circumstances including adverse weather conditions.
Any bikes not collected by 1300 (unless by prior arrangement) will be deemed as not required by the hirer and will be returned to storage. Refunds will not be made.
Liability in case of Accident
Hall Farm Dadlington does not provide cover nor accepts any liability to third parties for damage caused to others or their property. It is recommended you have adequate insurance cover or ensure that you are covered by your holiday insurance policy. It is recommended that you carry personal identification and insurance documents whilst cycling.
Hall Farm Dadlington does not accept any liability for any damage caused or injury to the hirer during the hire period. We recommend that helmets are worn at all times whilst cycling and are supplied with bike hire from Hall Farm Dadlington. We advise that all cyclists ride within their own capabilities and fitness levels. Mountain biking can be dangerous and clients should not attempt hazardous trails beyond their skill level.
We recommend that clients carry a mobile whilst cycling. Hall Farm Dadlington contact number is 07791597027 (Kate Walker). For emergency services contact 999.
Civil Responsibility and Limitations
The hirer is responsible for respecting existing UK traffic laws. The hirer is responsible for all damages that occur whether to himself or anyone else within the rental period. Lake District Bikes does not accept liability for any claims by third parties regarding accidents, wounds, blows or damages caused by the hirer, nor to their property, or loss of objects for whatever reason outside of the control of Hall Farm Dadlington.
Agreement of Bike Hire Terms and Conditions
By completing the online booking form on the website www.halfarmdadlington.co.uk you agree to the above terms and conditions of hire.
Terms & Conditions – Wi-Fi
INTERNET USAGE AND WIFI TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read through our terms and conditions regarding internet usage when staying at Highfield Farm.
- Extent of the Service1.1 We do not recommend in particular the use of any websites (or other internet related services) (“Internet Services”) and your use of Internet Services is carried out entirely at your own risk.1.2 We have no responsibility for, or control over, the Internet Services you access and do not guarantee that any services are error or virus free.1.3 We have no responsibility for, or control over, the information you transmit or receive via the Service.1.4 Save for the purposes of network diagnostics we do not examine the use to which you put the Service or the nature of the information you send or receive1.5 We do not guarantee:1.5.1 the availability of the Service;1.5.2 the speed at which information may be transmitted or received via the Service; or1.5.3 that the Service will be compatible with your equipment or any software which you use.1.6 Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure the security of the Service and to prevent unlawful access to information transmitted or received using the Service, we do not guarantee the security of the information which you may transmit or receive using the Service or located on any equipment utilising the Service and you accept that it is your responsibility to protect your information and have adequate security (in terms of equipment and procedures) to ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of your information and data.1.7 We reserve the right at all times to withdraw the Service, change the specifications or manner of use of the Service, to change access codes, usernames, passwords or other security information necessary to access the service.
- Your Use of the Service2.1 You must not use the Service to access Internet Services, or send or receive e-mails, which:2.1.1 are defamatory, threatening, intimidatory or which could be classed as harassment;2.1.2 contain obscene, profane or abusive language or material;2.1.3 contain pornographic material (that is text, pictures, films, video clips of a sexually explicit or arousing nature);2.1.4 contain offensive or derogatory images regarding sex, race, religion, colour, origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition or sexual orientation;2.1.5 contain material which infringe third party’s rights (including intellectual property rights);2.1.6 in our reasonable opinion may adversely affect the manner in which we carry out our business; or2.1.7 are otherwise unlawful or inappropriate;2.2 Music, video, pictures, text and other content on the internet are copyright works and you should not download, alter, e-mail or otherwise use such content unless certain that the owner of such works has authorised its use by you.2.3 We may terminate or temporarily suspend the Service if we reasonably believe that you are in breach of any provisions of this agreement including, but not limited to clauses 2.1 to 2.3 above.2.4 We recommend that you do not use the service to transmit or receive any confidential information or data and should you choose to do so you do so at your own risk.2.5 The Service is intended for consumer use only. In the event that you use the Service for commercial purposes we would specifically refer you to clause 5.2 below.
- Criminal Activity3.1 You must not use the Service to engage in any activity which constitutes or is capable of constituting a criminal offence, either in the United Kingdom or in any state throughout the world.3.2 You agree and acknowledge that we may be required to provide assistance and information to law enforcement, governmental agencies and other authorities.3.3 You agree and acknowledge that we may keep a log of the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of any devices which access the Service, the times when they have accessed the Service and the activity associated with that IP address.3.4 You further agree we are entitled to co-operate with law enforcement authorities and rights-holders in the investigation of any suspected or alleged illegal activity by you which may include, but is not limited to, disclosure of such information as we have (whether pursuant to clause 3.3 or otherwise), and are entitled to provide by law, to law enforcement authorities or rights-holders.
- Our Use of your Information4.1 Subject to clauses 3.3 and 3.4 above we confirm that we shall use the contact details you provide to us solely for the purposes of contacting you with marketing information, updates, promotions and special offers relating to our business.
- Other Terms5.1 You agree to compensate us fully for any claims or legal action made or threatened against us by someone else because you have used the service in breach of these terms and conditions, and in particular clause 2.1 to 2.3 and 3.1 above.5.2 Whilst we do not seek to limit our responsibility for fraudulent misrepresentation or if you are injured or die as a result of our negligence we have no responsibility (to the extent permitted by law) to compensate you (whether or not we are negligent) for any direct financial loss, loss of profit, revenue, time, anticipated savings or profit or revenue, opportunity, data, use, business, wasted expenditure, business interruption, loss arising from disclosure of confidential information, loss arising from or in connection with use of the service or inability to use or access the service or a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the service at any time or damage to physical property or for any other similar direct loss that may arise in relation to this agreement whether or not we were advised in advance of the possibility of such loss or damage.5.3 We agree that neither this agreement does not allow either party to act as, or hold themselves out as, acting as an agent of the other party and that that the terms of this agreement are not enforceable by a third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.5.4 This agreement is governed by the law of England and Wales and is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.